MYKONOS DOUBLE LUXURY MINI SUITES
Mykonos Double Luxury Mini Suites is implementing a new health protocol. The Protocol includes the development of an Action Plan and the development of a Suspected Case Management Plan.
The aim of the Action Plan is to prevent the occurrence and effective management of suspicious cases in order to limit the exposure of staff and guests, always in accordance with the current guidelines of the National Public Health Organization.
The Action Plan complies with the recommendations of the National Public Health Organization and according to the developments. Our Action Plan and is to prevent and protect our staff and guests against COVID-19 disease .
Accommodation File and Event Book
Mykonos Double Luxury Mini Suites keep a record of staff members and all guests staying at the resort (name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details such as address, telephone, e-mail), so that it is possible to track all the people who came in close contact with an identified COVID-19 case.
• All General Data Protection Regulation are adhered to and all guests and staff are informed that records are kept for the protection of public health.
Common areas outdoor seating the following measures apply:
• Common areas are well ventilated.
• Hand sanitizers have been installed in all common areas .
• Signs have been installed to remind customers to practice social distancing.
• Furniture has been removed to avoid overcrowding in public areas (4 people / 10 sq.m.).
• Decorative objects and multiple-use objects have been removed.
• All surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
Individual Hygiene Measures & Personal Protective Equipment
Mykonos Double luxury Mini Suites has taken measures to implement good personal hygiene practices in the workplace and oversees their continued implementation. Specifically:
• Staff and third parties are informed and encouraged to comply with good personal and respiratory hygiene practices (hand washing – cleaning, nose and mouth covering during coughing or sneezing, etc.).
• Appropriate facilities and required materials have been provided to employees and appropriate mechanisms for hand sanitization have been installed at the entrances / exits and in the common areas of Mykonos Double Luxury Mini Suites.
• Staff have been supplied with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), in accordance with the special instructions of the National Public Health Protection Committee.
• Staff have been trained how to safely use their Personal Protective Equipment and their proper use is being supervised.
• Third parties entering the hotel being supervised and informed to exercise social distancing and to use Personal Protective Equipment.
• A program of rolling staff arrivals and departures has been implemented to avoid congestion and to ensure social distancing.
• Staff have been informed and trained on the COVID-19 suspected case management plan.
• Staff have been informed and trained on specific cleaning instructions in the event of a suspected COVID-19 case. Specifically:
1. The person is asked to remain in their room with the door closed.
2. Is immediately given a simple surgical mask and tissues.
3. If a companion wishes to stay close, a simple surgical mask is provided to them and a recommendation is made to wash hands meticulously after each contact and not to touch their face.
4. It is forbidden for staff members to enter the room and only one member of the staff deals with the guest’s requests.
5. Used personal protective equipment is discarded in a closed rubbish bin.
6. After the disposal of the protective equipment, hands are meticulously washed.
Each member of Mykonos Double luxury Mini Suites staff strictly adheres to protection measures against COVID-19.
• Frequent hand washing with soap and water before and after contact with money or guests’ items, before eating, before and after work breaks, after a visit to the toilet and careful hand drying .
• Disposal of paper towels or other personal hygiene items used to disinfect work surfaces in a closed bin.
• Avoiding shaking hands and close physical contact, keeping a distance of at least two meters from colleagues, guests or third parties in all workplaces and rooms .
• Avoiding touching the front of the mask or face shield.
• Avoiding touching of face with hands.
• Informing the health officer in case of:
1. illness or symptoms relating to COVID-19 infection or
2. contact with a possible or confirmed case.
• Staying at home in case of illness and informing the health officer.
• Returning to the workplace only if the laboratory test is negative .
Mykonos Double Mini suites staff takes the necessary hygiene measures, keeps a distance of at least 1.5 – 2 meters from the customers .
• When requested :
1. informs visitors about the accommodation policy and the measures taken to deal with any incidents,
2. we provide useful information about health providers, public and private hospitals, COVID-19 reference hospitals and pharmacies in area and
3. we provide Personal Protective Equipment if requested by the guest.
• Provision of special equipment (medical kit) in the event of a COVID-19 case, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe, laser thermometer.
• Training of staff to recognize guest symptoms and report them directly to the Health Officer.
• Provision of hand sanitizer.
• Regular disinfection of the reception surfaces.
• Appropriate configuration of the reception, installation of floor markings at a distance of two meters indicating where guests should stand.
• Implementation of electronic check in / check out procedures to reduce waiting time and overcrowding.
• Disinfection of the keys .
• Extention of check-in and check-out period between stays. Check-out until 11:00 am. and check-in from 15:00 pm. During the time between each check-in and check-out between different guests the room is cleaned, thoroughly disinfected and adequate natural ventilation of the space follows.
• Non-residents are forbidden from entering the rooms.
• The housekeeping staff uses simple surgical masks, gloves and disposable waterproof robes.
• Once the Personal Protective Equipment has been removed and disposed of in a closed bin, hands are thoroughly washed with soap and water.
• All hard surfaces are cleaned and disinfected with disposable cloths / fabrics or cleaning paper and sponges with detachable heads.
• Housekeeping services are being strengthened in all public areas, especially in “high risk” facilities.
• Thorough cleaning and good room ventilation is applied during the period between stays.
• When using disinfectants, the space is well ventilated. Splashing and spraying during cleaning and disinfection is avoided. In the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case:
1. All surfaces and objects that may have been contaminated are washed and disinfected according to the above instructions.
2. Protective equipment for the visitors if they are asking.
• Discreet monitoring of guest symptoms.
• Housekeeping services will not be provided during a guest’s stay unless otherwise indicated by the guest during the pre-registration process or check in. Should these services be requested, guests are informed that they must leave the room before the housekeeping staff can enter in order to avoid overcrowding. Turn down service is provided only under special circumstances and after a formal request at the reception.
• For departures, 2 protocols apply:
1. Normal cleaning and waiting 24 hours before the room is available to a guest or
2. Meticulous cleaning – disinfection of the rooms and bathrooms for same day use.
• special disposable cover is placed on the TV and air conditioner remote controls after disinfection.
• Fabric surfaces are cleaned with a steam device (temperature> 70.).
• Doors and windows are opened daily for natural ventilation of spaces.
Cleaning and Disinfecting a Patient’s Room
• All surfaces that have come into contact with a patient are thoroughly cleaned.
• Housekeeping staff are required to use a simple surgical mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe.
• After removing their gloves, staff are required to wash their hands thoroughly
• Fabrics are cleaned with a steam device (temperature> 70°C).
COVID-19 Suspected Case Management Plan
If a guest shows symptoms relating to COVID-19, the following procedure is followed:
• The manager of Mykonos Double luxury Mini Suites will contact with the National Public Health Organization and a doctor will visit the suspected case for evaluation.
• The guest will be asked to remain in their room with the door closed.
• Patients who show symptoms of respiratory infection, will receive a simple surgical mask and tissues immediately.
• If the patient has a companion who wishes to stay and take care of them, they will be given a simple surgical mask and be advised to wash their hands every time they come in contact with the patient.
• Avoid to entering the patient’s room unless absolutely necessary, in which case the manager will be selected to deal exclusively with the patient. Used protective equipment is discarded in a covered waste bin and is not reused.
• After discarding the protective equipment, staff are required to wash their hands thoroughly.
If an employee exhibits symptoms relating to COVID-19, the following procedure is followed:
• Manager will contact with the National Public Health Organization , a doctor will visit the suspected case for evaluation.
• The member of staff will be asked to remain in their room with the door closed.
• Patients who show symptoms of respiratory infection (cough, sneezing, runny nose), will receive a simple surgical mask and tissues immediately.
• An investigation is then carried out to determine the possible exposure of other employees or guests, who will then be asked to follow the instructions of NPHO.
• All surfaces and equipment that have come into contact with a patient are thoroughly cleaned.